Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow day!

Its a rare day when we get snow in North Carolina, much less an actual accumulation of snow. So imagine our New York-ian excitement when we were predicted to get 2-4 inches between last night and today!


The snow started around 2am, and didn't seem like much at first, but now it seems to really be flying. Oma made it to our house safely, thank goodness, though the roads were not very good. I am working from home today because I don't feel like being snowed in at work, or worse, on the side of the road! The last time there was accumulating snow in NC, it took people 8 hours to drive 5 miles. Nate drove in to work, though... I think he wanted to test out the 4 wheel drive on his truck!


We haven't taken the boys outside yet, Oma and I are planning on doing that right around lunch time. I'll post some pics of them in the snow then. But in the mean time, here is a pic of our house and Otis loving the snow!

No comments: