Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Very Special Day


Will and Luke turn two years old today! Its really so hard to believe that that much time has passed. For two minutes this morning, between 6:36 and 6:38a, we told the boys that Luke was now 2 years old and Will was still 1. Just like two years ago, when for those same two minutes, we had just one child before a crying, facially-bruised Will made his early way into the world!


In a funny turn of events, Luke managed to give himself another bruise on his forehead, just in time for birthday pictures... its like somehow he feels guilty over kicking Will in the face on the way out of the womb...


We're having cake later today, and a party this weekend to celebrate, so there aren't too many pictures of today yet, but I will post a couple of photos from two years ago and a couple from this morning. Nate found the best birthday cards for the boys, and we opened those already. Luke's was a card of one of his two favorite books, Brown Bear Brown Bear, and Will's was a fuzzy colorful haircut card (Nate joked that it looked like the haircuts that I gave the boys a few weeks ago!).

Enjoy your March 11... we sure are! We have so much to celebrate!

Baby Luke... all 3lbs 6 oz of him


Baby Will... a mean 2lb 15 oz scrappy boy!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Happy Birthday boys!

Jean Pedley said...

Happy Birthday Will and Luke!

mmmandy! said...

Oh my gosh! they were (and are) SO cute!! Happy birthday to your little guys! I know you and Nate have worked really hard for the past two years and, as far as I can see, are doing a spectacular job! :)

Oh- and I didn't use a filter on my camera lens for that pic on my blog. It's the magic of Photoshop that you're seeing, I'm sure!