Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Unstoppable

Like most old folks I know, I think popular music is crap. I stopped listening to the radio (other than NPR) around the time that I got to college because I really didn't like the music. In college, I listened to my high school CDs and picked up new music ideas from this cute college DJ that I knew (and eventually married).

These days, that college DJ doesn't listen to much new music either, so I have to rely on television shows to introduce me to good new music. Good thing for me, C.S.I. had an episode on earlier this year with Rascal Flatts co-starring. I'm not the biggest country music fan in the world... I listened to Shania Twain for a while, danced to a Dixie Chicks song as the first dance at my wedding, and attend Toby Keith concerts once a year (mostly for the... um... scenery). But aside from that, country music isn't something I pay too much attention to.

That might start changing, now that I saw the episode of C.S.I. where Rascal Flatts performs their new song Unstoppable.

Song lyrics don't stop me in my tracks too often, but the lyrics of this song really made me reflect on my life and the struggles that we've been through with Luke and Will over the past couple of years. I liked the song so much that I downloaded it from iTunes and play it on my iPod whenever I am having a rough day or feel very challenged or downtrodden. It is uplifting and puts me in a good mood and I sing along at the top of my lungs.

And if you saw me driving by, singing along to my country song, you'd think it was totally fitting that I drive that big red pick up truck every day to work (now that Nate's got the mini-van at home)!

So in honor of feeling positive, here are some of the lyrics from Unstoppable:

You find your faith has been lost and shaken
You take back what's been taken
Get on your knees and dig down deep
You can do what you think is impossible
Keep on believing, don't give in
It'll come back and make you whole again
It always will, it always does
Love is unstoppable

No comments: