Friday, February 24, 2012

To My Dearest Audience

An open letter to anyone who comes upon it:

I've been blogging now for 3 and a half years!  It is hard to believe that when I started this blog, I was sitting in the hospital with Luke for his second shunt revision surgery in as many months.  I started the blog at that moment because I needed an outlet and a way to tell everyone everywhere what was going on.  Over the past several years, the blog has morphed several times, photos have changed, and I have changed and grown as well.  I realized that I still blog now for the voice it gives me to tell you all what is going on with us.  But it is also therapeutic for me.  I work through a lot of thoughts and feelings sitting here in front of this computer.  I get so much out of it!  All the emotions and fears and laughs I write about are all so genuine, and moments to be remembered... whether they are good or bad or funny or terrifying or moments that I think I'd like to forget. 

I hope that you get something out of reading about us.  From the comments and notes I occasionally get from readers, I know there are a lot of people out there who care and follow us... some of whom we know, and a lot of whom we don't!  And I love that about blogging!  The ability to reach an extended family of people who just want someone to pray for, care about, check in on, and root for.

At the encouragement of a couple people in my life, I have decided to try and get our little blog noticed by some of the larger blog communities like Blogher and Babble.  I am hoping you can help me expand our audience, increase our readership, and spread the craziness that is the Slaviks Outnumbered!

Are you a regular weblog follower?  Do you visit www.ncslaviks.blogspot.com every day as a part of your daily routine?  I love you!  Please consider scrolling down the page a little bit, find the FOLLOWERS section along the right side, and signing up as a follower of this blog. 

Do you get our blog updates via email?  If not, do you want to?  Scroll down a little bit, look along the right side for a box that allows you to input your email address.  You'll get a note to your email inbox that requires you to verify that you want to receive our updates whenever I post an update... and once you verify, you'll get our smiling faces in your inbox 4-5 times per week!  I can think of nothing better :)

If you already get our email updates, you'll notice at the bottom of those notes that there is an easy link to share the updates via email and Facebook.  If I ever post something that inspires you or makes you want to share, please feel free to email to your friends or post on your Facebook wall!

You will also notice at the bottom of each post on the blog there is a block of options for several social media sharing sites - Gmail, Blogger, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.  I've tested out the Facebook option several times recently on my Facebook page, and it makes it very easy to share blog updates.

I love the comments that I get on the blog.  There is an option to post comments on the weblog at the bottom of each post.  I've made it easier to post comments, so if you've tried in the past and gave up because it was too annoying, try again!  And if you've wanted to post a comment before on a post that really spoke to you, please feel free to do so!  We love to know who is following, and what they get out of reading our story.

Anything you can do to help us spread our message and increase our audience is greatly appreciated!  Our story is unique and on-going... it is an adventure, and certainly one that we enjoy sharing.

Have a fabulous weekend,
Amanda

No comments: