Monday, October 11, 2010

Half caf DC road trip

A little more than a week ago, Matt and I ventured up to DC to surprise my dad for his retirement from the federal government. What a surprise it was... and what a great day to be a part of! Congrats, Dad, on 32 years of service - you deserve a break! Thanks to Uncle Drew for helping to stash us, my dad's employees for making the day so memorable, and Nana Jean and Grandmama for all the fun and laughs!


Proud Grandpa showing off his newest grandson at his retirement party... all I could think of was that they had matching bald spots... hahaha, he's probably not going to like that I just wrote that on the internet!



Congrats Grandpa! My big brothers wish that they could have been here too, but it is the last day of school for the track and they didn't want to miss it! Plus, I want some one on one time with you!



Nana (great-grandmother) Jean snuggling with Matthew. So cute.



The proud family... now for more adventures to come!



Dinner at Skipper's Pier with Grandmama, Nana Jean and Matthew... perfect sunset ending to a great day (and a too-short trip!).

No comments: