Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Can I get s'more?

One of the best parts of a cabin weekend is the time spent around a campfire. The weather this past weekend was warm during the day but cool at night. And nothing is better than a campfire, a sweatshirt, a nip in the air, and a bag of Jet Puffed marshmallows. Due to proximity to bed time, we typically avoid chocolate with the boys s'mores. The toasted marshmallows and grahams crackers make a nice "sammich" (as Matt refers to s'mores), without the caffeine of a Hershey bar.

Luke and Matt loved their time around the fire, experimenting with their preferred level of marshmallow done-ness. Will may have loved his time even more - snuggling into Nate's sweatshirt and falling asleep to the glow of the campfire.






I love the glow of faces around campfires. Everyone always ends up looking peaceful and at ease. If I had more time, I'd learn how to adjust the aperture speed on my camera so that I can more accurately capture the color of the glow without the 'out of focusness' that the pictures above have. I just don't want to use the flash and lose the warmth. Plus flash pictures taken outside at night always make people look like deer in headlights.

No comments: