Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Any Seuss fans out there will recognize this blog post as one of the more popular gift books of all time (or at least since it was published in 1990). When I graduated from high school, I received a couple copies of Dr. Seuss's "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" The first one was unique, the second one was ok, and by the third same identical book, I was totally over it.

I was even more annoyed when my mom's friend (who had given me the third book) kept asking my mom if I'd opened it. I kept telling my mom that I had... I'd written a thank you note after all! It wasn't until my mom demanded that I open the book that I realized that my mom's friend had stuck dollar bills between all of the pages. She knew I hadn't opened the book. There was like $20 in there... lots of money to my 18 year old self. Cathy, 14 years later... I apologize for being young and stupid :)

Since we've moved into the house, we've been struggling with how to decorate Will and Luke's room. Of course as a fan of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, I want to give the boys a killer room. But I am also a pragmatist. Since Luke really seems to like the moon and sun, and Will showed a lot of visual interest in planets, we decided on a space theme.

We've got awesome solar system quilts, and on Etsy, I found a great vinyl wall cling. It goes perfectly with the space theme... but also ties in our desires for all of our boys to reach their highest potential.



And hopefully when they get several copies of "Oh, the Places You'll Go" when they graduate from high school in 2025, they'll have more couth than me.


No comments: