Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shades of green

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope all of you able bodied folks out there will drink a pint of Guinness for me.

Aside from wearing green today, we did little to celebrate everyone's favorite Irish holiday (side note: is it a holiday?). We thought about stealing an idea from a friend, wherein they made green eggs (scrambled eggs with green food coloring) and ham (not green) for their kids to celebrate. However, that idea was squashed when Nate picked up Luke today and the first words out of his teacher's mouth were "I am sorry if his poop is green."

Now, its not everyday that someone says those words to you.

She went on to explain that in celebration of St. Patty's day, they ate only green things today. She didn't mean that they ate spinach, broccoli, and peas. She meant that they ate only things that had been dyed green, like vanilla pudding, applesauce and milk! I figured that by dinner time, Luke would probably run the other way if he saw another green food. We opted for pizza... how un-Irish of us.

I suppose we could have tried something actually Irish, like corned beef and cabbage. But I hate corned beef, and I've always been told that cabbage and pregnant ladies don't mix. And since my palate rules the epicurean roost these days, we kept it simple and gastronomically friendly. To me. And Cart.

So here's a photo of our family in all of our green clothed glory. I realized today how tough it is to match shades of green... so we had quite the kaleidoscope on the couch!

No comments: