Monday, January 10, 2011

Serious lack of motivation

Luke is the only one at our house sleeping well these days.

Will is on the front end of the cold that Luke gave him... how's that for brotherly love! He's coughing a lot (but not gagging... I guess that's a good thing!) and generally very congested. Last night, he woke up 6 times to be readjusted or have his nose sprayed with saline. He's just miserable.

Though Matthew also has a cold, we are starting to think that his underlying issue is teething. The Slavik boys are all late teethers, and almost-9-month-old Matthew still has a toothless grin. When Luke and Will turned 1, Will had JUST broken through his first tooth. Luke didn't have any. You have to keep in mind that they were preemies, and were really only 9 months "corrected age" at the time.

So... Matthew is due a tooth. Or four. He's really cranky one minute, perfectly happy the next. He is usually happy playing on the floor, but has taken to pulling on people's pant legs to pick him up all the time (so cute). He's miserable during diaper changes because his poor behind is so raw. And he's waking up a couple of times a night for no apparent reason.

Nate and I alternate waking up with each of these boys when they need attention. And poor Otis leaves our room whenever Matthew (still in the bathroom to sleep) cries. He finds a quiet, but much less comfy spot on the office rug until the crying subsides, and then we hear him click down the hall as he makes his way back to his comfy bed in our room. Otis isn't as good at Luke at sleeping through all the noise.

I used to be a say that I couldn't function on less than 8 hours of sleep each night. Then I had kids, and that number changed to about 5 hours of sleep a night. For the past week, I think my average night's rest has been about 4 hours a night, and that's with several interruptions. I usually have 5 or 6 blog post ideas floating around my head at any given time, just ideas that I have during the day.

I seriously have no blog post ideas right now. My creativity is gone with my lack of sleep! So for now, I'm just going to gripe about my lack of sleep, and hope that things look up in the kids' health department so that you have more interesting things to read in the next couple of weeks!

No comments: